The Day 1 High Republic panel at Star Wars Celebration has left fans with plenty of books to look forward to
From new comics, to novels for every age group, to short story collections, there’s bound to be something for everyone. Kick back, relax, and enjoy our roundup of exciting new book announcements from the show!
The High Republic Book & Cover Reveals
- The High Republic: Starlight Stories by Justina Ireland, Cavan Scott, Charles Soule This book will collect all of the short stories featured in Star Wars Insider magazine, collected in one volume for the first time by publisher Titan. The stories all focus on people doing their jobs aboard Starlight Beacon, keeping the station running on a day-to-day basis.
- Chronicles of the Jedi: An Illustrated Guide to the Galaxy’s Golden Age by Cole Horton is an in-universe visual guide to the High Republic era published by Insight Editions. Author Cole Horton teased that it may contain hints and clues surrounding Phase 2 and Phase 3 of the series! The guide will release on November 29th, 2022.
- The High Republic: Convergence by Zoraida Cordova is an upcoming adult novel set in Phase 2 of The High Republic, roughly 150 years prior to Phase 1. While little is known about the novel, we were given a cover reveal and a first look at Jedi Knight Gella Nattai. The book is estimated to release October 2022 and is being published by Del Rey Books.
- The High Republic: Quest for the Hidden City by George Mann The book will be a middle-grade story also set in Phase 2., published by Disney-Lucasfilm Press.
- Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures – The Nameless Terror by George Mann with artwork by Eduardo Mello is a comic series from Dark Horse Comics that will follow a young Jedi in the face of a nameless terror.
- Star Wars: The High Republic by Cavan Scott with artwork by Ario Anindito is planned as the next ongoing “main” High Republic comic book series for Marvel Comics. Cavan Scott and Ario Anindito previously worked on the Phase 1 ongoing series, and it’s great to see the duo back for the next chapter. We’re introduced to Jedi Vildar Mac in the cover reveal. The story begins with the Jedi arriving on Jedha, just as peaceful times are falling apart.
- Star Wars: The High Republic – The Blade by Charles Soule with art by Marco Castiello is the Porter Engle backstory that High Republic fans have been waiting for. The story will be published by Marvel Comics and is described as an epic tale that will give an idea of why Porter is referred to as “The Blade of Bardotta” in the Phase 1 era.
- Star Wars: The High Republic – The Battle Of Jedha by George Mann is set to release in January 2023 and will be a voice-acted audio drama, with a printed script version releasing one month later.
- The Art of the High Republic by Kristin Baver was briefly shown off along with a few early looks at some concept art for Marchion Ro, Bell Zettifar, and Ember the char hound. The Art of the High Republic includes behind the scenes content ranging from character concept artwork, thoughts on how the initiative and characters were created, and a foreword from Kathleen Kennedy. The book will be published by Abrams Books and release on November 8th, 2022.
High Republic Title Reveals
The following projects have been revealed with a title and author, but no synopsis or concept artwork:
- Star Wars: The High Republic – Cataclysm by Lydia King
- Star Wars: The High Republic – Quest for Planet X by Tessa Gratton
- Star Wars:The High Republic – Path of Vengeance by Cavan Scott